ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Dues Survey comment I made on the survey

Jul 3rd 2023, 14:09

WB2IHB

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Your QST magazine has so much advertising in it that it is ridiculous. It is like paying for advertising with very little content. I am sick and tired of flipping through the pages and seeing advertising. Do this - separate the advertising from the actual non-advertising content and you will notice that there is approximately 3/4 advertising and 1/4 non advertising content. I don't care about advertising - I can get that online. You could save a lot of paper, shipping, and time eliminating the advertising. Let the advertisers pay for a separate advertising issue and send that to us on the advertisers dime. You are making more than enough money off of your advertisers that you don't have to screw us with increase membership fees to mail that out that I consider as junk mail. Doing that would decrease membership fees. C'mon guys, wake up and smell the roses.

If you do not agree to this then instead of increasing our dues increase the cost to your advertisers to cover your requested dues increase.
Jul 28th 2023, 19:18

W1GTW

I would have rather you told us "your $49 membership now costs $84" I agree with WB2HB. Oh well... first my newspaper and now my QST.
Sep 13th 2023, 08:15

KA3FTZ

Quote by W1GTW
I would have rather you told us "your $49 membership now costs $84" I agree with WB2HB. Oh well... first my newspaper and now my QST.

Concur. Both the hard copy renewal notice I got in the mail and the webpage for renewal are not clear and do not make it easy to see what you are paying for regarding membership and add-ons like print version of QST as I wanted. This may be my last renewal after nearly 50 years of membership. Return on investment versus cost reaches a tipping point and might already be there for me.
Oct 15th 2023, 19:57

AI4BJ

I just looked at my October QST. Advertising is interspersed with editorial content in the first 30 pages. After that, there is not another ad until page 102! The claim that QST is "3/4 advertising" is demonstrably false.

As for the advertising itself -- I don't mind it one bit. I'm always interested to see what new products are available to us hams. Virtually every ad is related to the hobby. Not a single ad for automobiles, cigarettes or erectile dysfunction drugs!

Whether or not the dues increase was justified is a separate matter. I do feel that it was excessive.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn